by markmason Investigator
Investigator

I'm in USA but can't roam even with Max plan. No 3/4G. Why?

I'm in USA but can't roam despite being on a Max plan. Can't get 4G anywhere despite picking up local coverage providers such as T mobile and AT&T. How do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
by garysaik Investigator
Investigator

Re: I'm in USA but can't roam even with Max plan. No 3/4G. Why?

You might be on the old Max plan. The new max plan include US, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Australia where you can use your normal minutes and data without any extra cost. You can call between these countries as well since it's unlimited minutes and text. You can make a call to UK as well without any extra cost. However if you call to EU or any other country, international charges will apply. You can simply contact customer service on live chat and ask them to change your price plan to the new max plan. You'll have to pay more a few pounds though, should be extra 7 or 10 pounds. 

Investigator

Thanks for the reply.

However, I specifically checked this before coming away and was told that I had the correct plan. How do I find out or query this?

How do I access livechat?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by garysaik Investigator
Investigator

I think they are close for the day. If I'm not mistaken they are only available till 9 pm UK time. Just in case you chat with them tomorrow, ask them if ROW is activate in your account. ROW means Rest of the world which only include those five countries that I'd mentioned above. If you have ROW activate you're good to go and don't forget to ask them if international roaming and data is active in your account which is another features again. You can use this link

http://ee.co.uk/help/getting-started/joining-ee/ee-live-chat

Investigator

Many thanks Gary. I'll try them tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by garysaik Investigator
Investigator

You're welcome 

by
EE Community Support Team

Let us know how you get on please @markmason

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Sounds more like you haven't got roaming enabled. Can you enable it in MyEE under Manage my device?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.