by DZ1971
Explorer

I'm in Turkey my data roaming off why am I being charged I'm connected to wifi

I'm in Turkey and have turned mobile data roaming everything off. I'm connected to wifi but yet I'm being charged for wifi calling and for calling customers service £22.00 and all my data gone?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'm in Turkey my data roaming off why am I being charged I'm connected to wi

Hi @DZ1971 

WIFI calling only works in the UK, so making that call will go via the GSM network and you will be charged.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by DZ1971
Explorer

Re: I'm in Turkey my data roaming off why am I being charged I'm connected to wi

Ok thank you. But why has all my Data gone when my mobile data has been off all the time?

Also why have I been charged for calling customer service?

Kind regards

Donna

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DZ1971,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You wouldn't be able to use your plans data allowance in Turkey as it is outside of the EU.

If you try to use your mobile data connection whilst roaming in Turkey, you would be redirected to a web page where you can purchase an add-on.

Calls to Customer Care from outside the EU are charged at the standard roaming rates.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.