by Ell_ra Investigator
Investigator

I'm in Ibiza and I have no service. Can anyone help?

I can't call or text and have no internet! 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'm in Ibiza and I have no service. Can anyone help?

@Ell_ra  Did you set up roaming on your account before you left the UK ? If not login to your online account  and wait for live chat window to pop up you can use this to request roaming  to be enabled on your account.

by Ell_ra Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. Yes, I called yesterday (before leaving the country and they said I was ready to go. Clearly not though. Maybe it takes up to 24h to be activated? Not sure really.

Στάλθηκε από το smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ell_ra   Yes it can take up to 24 hours but have you tried restarting your device since you got there ? 

And just to ask your device is not still in Airplane Mode is it ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ell_ra

Welcome to the community 🙂

Please try the steps below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search and select a different Spanish network operator:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know if any of that works.

Chris Smiley Happy

by Ell_ra Investigator
Investigator

Thank you! I never use airplane mode, i just turn it off, so definitely wasn't that. I then turned the phone on & off, the data on & off, switched to 3G (as opposed to 4G), nothing; i couldn't even send a text. Through wifi I found a number to call but was unable to (even though it was a 'no charge help number'). Eventually i swapped SIM cards (i used another one i have, not an EE) and was able to call EE customer services. They told me that my 'ability to call abroad' service was locked (even though the woman i had called prior to flying had assured me it was all set) and that he would unlock it and that I should be okay after that. Nothing changed, I did not have service throughout the trip and ended up using the alternative SIM card. Not sure what went wrong, I went to an EE shop yesterday and was told I should call the EE customer services. Not happy 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ell_ra

Thank you for coming back to community 🙂

Apart from the phone problem you had, did you have a good time in Ibiza?

I've been twice and I spent far too much money both times.

If the guys managed to set the phone up for roaming, then it should have worked at that point.

Unless their were any local network problems perhaps.

I'm sorry to read about your experience.

I know you are not happy, and I'd advise you see our ways to complain if you would like to discuss this further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.