by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m in France and do not have roaming

I am in France and roaming until late yesterday afternoon, now I have nothing it’s as though I’m completely cut off there is no signal showing. This happened last year, and took EE 3 weeks to get me reconnected. I’m unable to make calls, ou use my mobile data and so I am very fed up with this situation....

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I’m in France and do not have roaming

Hi @Raffaello2017

Have you tried restarting your device and connecting manually to the local carrier?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @Raffaello2017

Have you tried restarting your device and connecting manually to the local carrier?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

@Northerner I’ve juste seen your email and followed your advice, and restarted my iPhone but didn’t have to manually connect to a network it did it automatically. Thanks; can I give you a big kiss, metaphorically speaking we don’t want people gossiping do we ? Lol 😂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Raffaello2017

Glad you got this sorted with the helpful tips from @Northerner.

Have a great time in France 🙂

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T@Northerner Juste read your email re @Northernerand and burst out laughing as I thought you’d said “helpful lips” but realised when I looked again it was “tips”...

Thanks for wishing me a pleasant trip, I’m in South Western France juste below Biarritz in Saint-Jean-de-Luz...

by

Hi @Raffaello2017

I am not at all jealous!!!

Hope the weather is lovely for you 🙂

Established Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T It’s a bit iffy today black clouds hovering over the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, but the météo de France indicates improvements. So as I and my cat Amélie only arrived from Paris on Saturday night, and plenty of time to wait for weather improvements I’m not unduly concerned...

by

That doesn't sound too bad for you @Raffaello2017

I am sat in full winter clothing it's so cold here! So yes I am very jealous of you right now 😉

Paris will be amazing I really want to go back, I was too young to appreciate the beauty of Paris when I first went 🙂

Leanne.

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T Really it’s that cold now in the UK ? Have to admit I’m glad to be here right now, and not juste for the weather, scenery and coast...

Paris is definitely a lovely city and worth visiting again especially if you haven’t been for a long while...but better make it before the 29 March 2019, because if you crash out of the UE without a deal you’ll have to apply for a Schengen Visa like other 3rd party states without an agreement for travel within the Shengen area...The 22 member states that signed the Shengen agreement in 1985 (Schengen is in the Canton of Remich, Luxembourg where it was signed), plus the 4 states that were associate members, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, plus all new member States that have subsequently joined the Union Européenne since that date automatically are members. At the time the UK used its veto not to join, but as a member state of the former EEC (European Economic Community) was obviously allowed full rights, except when traveling into a member EU State you do not automatically get through access of the ailes indicated as Schengen travellers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.