by WJM21
Visitor

I’m in Canada with no mobile coverage but with Wi-fi but can’t get Wi-fi calling

I am in Canada with no mobile coverage but have Wi-fi but can’t get Wi-fi calling to work, any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I’m in Canada with no mobile coverage but with Wi-fi but can’t get Wi-fi cal

@WJM21   WiFi calling will only work in the UK it’s not for roaming with.   If you login to your EE online account and enable roaming and also call abroad and premium rate numbers then restart your device within 24 hours you’ll have a working signal and you’ll be able to call. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I’m in Canada with no mobile coverage but with Wi-fi but can’t get Wi-fi cal

@WJM21   WiFi calling will only work in the UK it’s not for roaming with.   If you login to your EE online account and enable roaming and also call abroad and premium rate numbers then restart your device within 24 hours you’ll have a working signal and you’ll be able to call. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WJM21.

Welcome to the community, all the way from Canada 🙂

AS @Chris_B has mentioned, it sounds like you'll need to activate roaming and premium rate calls in your My EE Account.

Let us know if this works for you.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.