by Hwhite94 Investigator
Investigator

I’m going to Australia, what are my options for using my phone while over there?

I’m going to Australia, what are my options for using my phone while over there? Am I better off getting it unlocked and using a Australian sim? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: I’m going to Australia, what are my options for using my phone while over th

Absolutely, @Hwhite94. 🙂

Your normal calls and texts and up to 15GB of your data allowance. 😄

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’m going to Australia, what are my options for using my phone while over th

Unless you are on an EE Max Plan or have the Roam Further Pass it will cost you as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austra... .

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check roaming is enabled on your account.

Yes, it probably better getting it unlocked and using a Australian sim if it's over 6 months old, when you don't have an EE Max Plan or the Roam Further Pass.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @Hwhite94

Welcome to the community .:)

I see @XRaySpeX has given you some brilliant information already. 

What kind of plan are you on now?

How long are you going for?

Chris

by Hwhite94 Investigator
Investigator

Im not on the max plan but it says I’m on uk, eu, select countries minutes with 65gb of data.

but I don’t know what’s the other select countries are.

I’m also over there for 6 weeks so think roaming would cost me a bomb

Highlighted
by

Sounds like you could be on a Max plan, as it says you have additional countries, @Hwhite94.

If you download one of your bills, you'll get more information on your plan. If it says you're on a Max plan and you can use abroad in 53 countries, Australia will be included. 🙂

Chris

by Hwhite94 Investigator
Investigator

Ahh yeah cheers!

Says I’m on EE Max plan, so I’ll be able to use my phone and data  as normal with  no extra charges over there!? 🙂

by
Solution

Absolutely, @Hwhite94. 🙂

Your normal calls and texts and up to 15GB of your data allowance. 😄

Chris

by Hwhite94 Investigator
Investigator

Happy days! Thanks for your help 👍🏽

by

You're welcome, @Hwhite94

Have a brilliant time 😄

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions