by Tommymcintyre20

I’m going to America in a couple weeks will it charge me to use data

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’m going to America in a couple weeks will it charge me to use data

@Tommymcintyre20   If your not using a max plan them yes it will.  Text RO AMERICA to 150 to see what your options are. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tommymcintyre20 : Not if you are on an EE Max Plan or have bought the ROAM FURTHER pass (upto 15 GB / billing month).

Otherwise you can't use data until you have bought a roaming data add-on as per https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/usa .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Tommymcintyre20

Thanks for joining the community 🙂

What plan do you have with us?

You can check this within your My EE account.

If you have a Max Plan started after 10 May 2017, you can also use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB of data within 53 destinations including Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and USA.

If you don't have a Max Plan with America included you can view all the Roaming costs for America and bundles available on the Help page.

Also, before you go check you're set up for roaming to use your phone in America, to check this log into your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

Hope you have an amazing time 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.