by Jenna90 Investigator
Investigator

I’m currently on holiday in Malta & can’t make any calls please help??

6 REPLIES 6
by Jenna90 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I’m currently on holiday in Malta

Hi
This still has not worked! Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone
by Jenna90 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I’m currently on holiday in Malta

I’m on contract & did not text roaming before coming away but I have done this while being away & still not able to make calls

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Re: I’m currently on holiday in Malta & can’t make any calls please help??

Hi @Jenna90  and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jenna90: Are you on contract or PAYG? If on contract, did you text ROAMING to 150 before you left UK to check if roaming was enabled on your a/c?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by elena3

Hi!

I'm on holiday in Austria and have the same problem. I've tried switching network manually but still can't make calls or text. I did not text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK, but can't do that now that I'm abroad. I also can't call EE customer service because calls don't work. I would appreciate some help with this, thank you.

by
EE Employee

Hi @elena3 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help may I know are you able to receive calls/texts?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.