by Marthag01 Investigator
Investigator

I’m abroad and can’t call The uk even though I received a call saying I could

I can’t call the England where I’m from even though I received this text: 

Hi from EE. Just a reminder that while you're in Spain you can use your plan minutes, texts and data allowances at no extra cost. Calls to countries outside the EU are £1.20 per min and texts 50p each. Other charges are the same as when you're in the UK.

For the best possible network coverage please make sure your handset can automatically select a network. If you need help to do that, go here:

15 REPLIES 15
by
EE Employee

Re: I’m abroad and can’t call The uk even though I received a call saying I coul

Hi @Marthag01 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

Investigator

Re: I’m abroad and can’t call The uk even though I received a call saying I coul

What carrier am I meant to choose though orange won’t work
Vodaphone doesn’t
The others are ones I’ve never heard of
Movistar and yoigo
Even they don’t work

I’ve tried typing it in that way and that’s not working either

Please help
by
EE Employee

Hi @Marthag01

Are you able to receive calls?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yeah I’m able to receive them just can’t call out.

Data is fine too

Martha
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Marthag01

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some further details.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by Corrin Investigator
Investigator

I am getting same problem now 

by

Hi @Corrin

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Whereabouts in the world are you?

Could you try the troubleshooting steps below please?:

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know if any of that works.

Chris

by Corrin Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris 

I’ve tried all of that, still nothing 

by

Morning @Corrin

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Do you have a pay monthly account with us?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Corrin Investigator
Investigator

Yes I can recieve them and yes I have a monthly account 

by

Hi @Corrin

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Cathymcc
Visitor

• I’m getting the same problem- receiving txts and calls, not able to send txts or make calls. I can’t even phone EE to ask for help!
by

Hi @Cathymcc

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a lovely time abroad despite this problem with your phone.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on the post above?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by pnanderton

I’m getting the same problem- receiving txts and calls, not able to send txts or make calls. I can’t even phone EE to ask for help!

have tried all the trouble shooting options.

I‘m in Malawi and only have access to WiFi for the next few

minutes! I really need someone from EE to call me urgently on +xxxxxxxxxxxx as I can’t call you. I have filled in a web response form but the response time is very poor - I really need the situation resolving desperately- please, please contact me ASAP.

Kind regards

Peter

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by

Good Morning @pnanderton

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate is this showing as ticked?

If not, if you turn this on and this will activate for you within 24 hours.

Let me know if this works for you.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.