by Ifu01307 Investigator
Investigator

I'm abroad and can recieve calls and texts but cannot make calls or send texts?

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I'm abroad and can recieve calls and texts but cannot make calls or send tex

Hello @Ifu01307 what phone do you have? Try restarting it and/or trying a manual network search to see if there are any other local roaming networks available. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I'm abroad and can recieve calls and texts but cannot make calls or send tex

Good morning @Ifu01307

Thanks for coming here.

Do you hear an error message when you try and make a call?

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Speak soon 🙂

by Ifu01307 Investigator
Investigator

Read more

Hi leanne,

It just comes up message failed to send and when I go to make a call it just says number not recognised.....very odd as I can use WiFi, recieve texts and calls, etc.

It's a pay monthly contract and a Samsung galaxy a3 I use.

Thanks

by Ifu01307 Investigator
Investigator

Read more
Hi leanne,

It just comes up message failed to send and when I go to make a call it just says number not recognised.....very odd as I can use WiFi, recieve texts and calls, etc.

It's a pay monthly contract and a Samsung galaxy a3 I use.

Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Ifu01307 just to confirm has roaming been enabled on your account? You can check by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

Here is a link containing information on how to check call barring is turned off when using an Android device under 'Making sure your device is set up for roaming'. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-using-your-phone-abroad

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Ifu01307

To get this checked for you I have sent you a private message with a link to our chat team.

They can get this looked into 🙂

Hope you get this sorted!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.