by JamesButtonFilm
Visitor

I just arrived in the US from the U.K. and want to turn my voicemail off...

I just arrived in the US from the U.K. And just want to turn off my voicemail asap. But 150 doesn't seem to be working. Help please!

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I just arrived in the US from the U.K. and want to turn my voicemail off...

Hello @JamesButtonFilm if texting the code VOICEMAIL DIVERT OFF to 150 does not work you can also call 150 and use the self serve options technical help>phone support & content lock>help with voicemail>deactivate voicemail (both methods may be chargeable). 🙂
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

On EE, You don't get charged if someone leaves you a voicemail, only if you listen to it.

This was confirmed here

Though I have to say, it seems @Leanne_T got the voicemail page updated but it seems the worse for it. I wonder why this text was removed, if the above quote is accurate.

If you're abroad you won't be charged if someone leaves you a voicemail - you'll only be charged if you retrieve the message while you're abroad.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This is what I found:

"When you're abroad within the EU you can be left voicemail messages without being charged. However if you travel outside the EU, you will incur call charges when people leave you voicemails."

Unless there has been a change, then it is only in the EU that leaving a voicemail is free, but outside the EU you will be charged.

@Leanne_T, @Karen_C, @Richard_C, @James_B, can you confirm what is correct?

by
EE Employee

Hi All,

The post that @chistery has linked to is indeed correct.

Roaming and help pages are being updated.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I have to say I don't understand why the text I quoted was removed, as that was quite clear! It's no wonder everyone is confused when there's conflicting advice.

by
EE Employee

Hi @chistery

I am still seeing your quoted text.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Lee_H, I meant on this page, where I'm sure it used to say what I had quoted, under Using Voicemail Abroad, as I had posted about it here.

After @Leanne_T said it would be updated, then came back correcting herself, the correct wording was removed from the EE page.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Lee_H what's the situation then with iPhone visual voicemail as that doesn't need to 'dial home' to access the voicemail message.  The voicemail message is sent directly to the iPhone over the cellular data network (not WIFI though, so as long as a travel data pass or another data roaming add-on is on place, there should be ZERO charges) can you please confirm this is the case please?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed I will certainly look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.