by nigel1953
Explorer

I have recently returned from a hoiday to South America. I ncurred huge charges?

I have recently returned from South America and incurred horrendous charges. I used Wifi to call back home but because i had imessage swithched on this caused the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and was there a solution with EE. Do they have a cap?

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I have recently returned from a hoiday to South America. I ncurred huge char

There is no cap going outside of EU.

How did you call via Wi-Fi? WhatsApp Skype?

Or was it just a normal Wi-Fi call that some phones have.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have recently returned from a hoiday to South America. I ncurred huge char

Hi @nigel1953

It's worth speaking to EE CS but there is no guarantee they will reduce your bill. Best call them sooner rather than later.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @nigel1953 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help may I know have you been charged for data or for calls?

Many thanks,

Lee

by nigel1953
Explorer

I logged on to local networks and used Facetime and nornal messaging 

by nigel1953
Explorer

calls and messages

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Doesn't FaceTime cost the normal rate if used in UK so this would be classed as roaming abroad.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi @BrendonH

In order to use facetime, a data bundle would have been needed to be purchased before you are able to use this.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nigel1953  unless you purchased a data bundle you could only use FaceTime via WiFi and you’ll not be charged for this as it has nothing todo with EE.     If at anytime you was on a cellular connection and you was sending texts you’ll be charged for this  and depending on where and who was texting you you might of been charged to receive text messages also.   Any calls you made will be chargable at the roaming rate depending on where you was at the time of the call.  

Where abouts where you ?  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.