by paola286
Explorer

I have just switched from a contract to pay as you go but roaming is not working

Hello! I have just moved to Italy and after being on a contract for many years I was told by EE that the only way I could continue keep my UK number was to switch to pay as you go. I have just purchased ny first pay as you go pack, however roaming does not seem to be working. The phone support for pay as you go is much more limited than with a contract so I was not able to get through anyone at EE to ask for advice. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have just switched from a contract to pay as you go but roaming is not wor

Hi @paola286

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Did you activate the pay as you go sim card in the UK?

Have you moved to Italy permanently?

Thanks

Richard

:)​​​​​​​

by paola286
Explorer

Re: I have just switched from a contract to pay as you go but roaming is not wor

Hi Richard, I'm using the same iphone I had in the UK. My contract ended a while back and after giving 30 days notice it has automatically switched to pay as you go. Apparently this was the only way I could keep my phone number and roam abroad after one month period, when the roaming would stop to work abroad. I spoke to several EE operators and they all told me the same thing. I plan to be in Italy for a while, not sure yet how long, could be a few months or a couple of years, but in the meantime I want to keep my UK mobile number, which I have had for many years, so pay as you go seemed the only option. Regarding the issue I asked advice about here, the roaming seems to work after I restarted my phone, so perhaps that's all I needed to do, but please do let me know if you have any further advice/tips/suggestions. Thanks. Paola

by
EE Community Support Team

I would say @paola286 that if the roaming is now working and you have your number, then it seems all is resolved.

I hope you have a great time in Italy.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.