by Nula1

I have been charged £22 for calls to and f Ireland when I was told I wouldn't be

I have been charged £22 on top of my bill for calls to Ireland , and calls from Ireland when I was there, despite having received a text saying this would not happen. 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have been charged £22 for calls to and f Ireland when I was told I wouldn'

Hi,

You will need to call CS on 150 to discuss billing as there is no account access on these forums.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have been charged £22 for calls to and f Ireland when I was told I wouldn'

Hi @Nula1

Welcome to the community. I hope you had a lovely time in Ireland. 🙂

I agree with @Northerner, it sounds like this is something our customer service team will be able to look into for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Calls to Ireland from UK are not included in your allowance & are chargeable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Damian1727 Contributor
Contributor

I also am getting very mixed messages about how our free Eu and five others work

some EE staff say you can only call WITHIN 

the country you are in and others that you can use your phone freely across all countries 

which is it ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Damian1727: It's freely across all included countries but not freely from the UK to any of the rest as you are not then roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As already mentioned, when you are in an EU country, calls and texts to:

• the UK
  • numbers in the same EU country
  • numbers in any other EU country

are taken from your inclusive allowance.

When you are in the UK, you get charged for calls to EU countries as per EE's international call charges.

Of course that makes the EU motto 'roam like at home' sound quite funny, as in reality it is 'roam better than home'!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Damian1727 and welcome to the community 

The advice given above by @DonDino in regards to what calls are included is correct.

What type of number was it that you were dialling?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.