by PeterTrapmore
Explorer

I have a 4G sim with you that includes free roaming in USA..Question..

My new 12GB 12 Month Sim only plan includes free roaming in USA, please can you confim this is at 4G speeds and who your partner network is please.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a 4G sim with you that includes free roaming in USA..Question..

@PeterTrapmore. The speed you’ll get will depend on the network speeds of that network whilst roaming but you will not be capped at a certain speed if your using a max plan.  And I’m sure you’ll be using AT&T but @Profile closed can confirm this.  

by PeterTrapmore
Explorer

I am happy to use whichever roaming partner you would like that is free and offers the fastest speed? Also am I allowed to tether? Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are allowed tethering.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PeterTrapmore Your not charged to connect to any network but any data speeds will be only as fast as that network your using has.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

If you are going to a major US city, you won't see very fast 4G speeds due to available capacity.

However, saying that whilst I was roaming in New York the other week on my new EE Max plan everything there worked as it should including in all the subway stations.

You can roam on either AT&T or T-Mobile when in the USA.  T-Mobile is usually the default network though.

It will be more than adequate for what you'll need.  I don't really understand this 'need for speed' though TBH this is something that EE marketing have (inadvertently) created with EE's obsession with being the fastest etc.

Web browsing, email and most importantly maps all worked as they should whilst I was in New York.  It was a bit rubbish when I was at JFK airport waiting for my flight home but again that is to be expected with there been such a large number of users in a small area so will be capacity related.

Tethering does work, as I was using my iPad tethered to my iPhone whilst at JFK.  Heathrow is as bad for data on EE anyway (T3 anyway)!

by
EE Employee

Hi @PeterTrapmore and welcome to the community

Hope you got all the information you needed.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.