by Wallings Investigator
Investigator

I have a 4G max plan and was told it would work in the US currently it’s not

I am currently in Chicago, before I left I popped into EE shop

in London and asked if my plan would cover me in the US which I was told it would !! However does not seem to be worming for me !! 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a 4G max plan and was told it would work in the US currently it’s not

@Wallings  When did you take out this plan as only the newer max plans cover the US. And did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK. ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have a 4G max plan and was told it would work in the US currently it’s not

Hi @Wallings

Welcome to the community. 🙂

When you say it is not working, do you mean you're unable to connect to a US network?

Or are you connected, but, can't call?

Please try the troubleshooting below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know if any of that works.

Chris

by Wallings Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, tried those yesterday and just now and no luck.  I have T-Mobile and 4G in the corner but no connection to internet or no iMessage / WhatsApp is going through

the odd text goes but have to select the message to force it over.

i have had the plan for a while so maybe that’s the issue but as said checked before I left that it was ok at the EE shop 

by Wallings Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, tried those yesterday and just now and no luck.  I have T-Mobile and 4G in the corner but no connection to internet or no iMessage / WhatsApp is going through

the odd text goes but have to select the message to force it over.

i have had the plan for a while so maybe that’s the issue but as said checked before I left that it was ok at the EE shop thanks lee

by Wallings Investigator
Investigator

Hey Chris sometime ago but maybe that’s the issue, but hence why asked before travelling cheers

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming, @Wallings.

It sounds like your roaming is set up, but, you're possibly on an old version of the Max plan.

I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team to see if they can swap it to a new one for you.

Let me know how you get on and enjoy the rest of your time in the USA. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.