by SithLordRevan

I got a question about using phones from America in England.

Hello all. I'm from South Carolina USA and am planning to go see my great grandmother for her 101st birthday in February of 2020 and I am wanting to bring my American Samsung Galaxy S10+ over to England and am wondering if since it is unloked will i be able to use one of England's phone servies for.. lets say a month then switch back to what I use in the USA? Would this be possible or no? Because when i went to england for the first time to visit GGMA for her 100th birthday, i tried to connect to a nearby restaurant wifi and I had to pay by the hr. So i am just wondering if I'd be able to use one of England's phone service and if so could someone provide the best one they think is good. It'll help me prepare for when i go again. Thx

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I got a question about using phones from America in England.

@SithLordRevan   You can pick up a pre pay sim at the airport when you arrive. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I got a question about using phones from America in England.

Good Morning @SithLordRevan.

Thanks for coming to the EE Community 🙂

I'm sure your Great Grandmother will be thrilled to see you, 101st Birthday sounds fantastic! 🎂

As @Chris_B has mentioned, you can pick up an EE pay as you go SIM card either from the airport, or in any EE Store when you're here.

You can then top it up and use the credit, or buy a pack with the credit which will give you minutes, texts, and data.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.