by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

I cant make or recieve calls from my EE payg in eu

Hi 

I changed my pay monthly number to payg after my contract ended as i am not goin to be back in uk for a while , currently in eu i am not able to recieve or send any messasges or calls my online Ee account is giving me error when i try to get in

I have also topped it up online 

Please help regarding activating the roaming or other problems causing this 

Will appreciate the solution

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I cant make or recieve calls from my EE payg in eu

@Randum85  Roaming is activated by default on payg.   Are you putting 44 or +44 instead of the 0 at the start of the number?  Have you tried restarting the device?    Have you tried turning off 4G ?  

by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

Yes i have tried restarting and switched of the data as well .all i need is just to recieve a text and if i try calling it says outgoing calls are currently barred from this no

by
EE Employee

Hi @Randum85 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for the reply 

But after trying this i am still facing the same issues and the recordjng goes outgoing calls are barred on this no

by
EE Employee

Hi @Randum85

Which country are you currently in?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

I am in portugal , lisbon 

And i can also see "r" on my network signal 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Randum85

Did you perform your number transfer from pay monthly to pay as you go when you were in the UK or in Portugal?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I performed the transfer from pakistan as when i left uk i kept paying my bills to finish the contract and transferred it after completion to keep my no as i use whatsapp from this no

by
EE Employee

Hi @Randum85

This does sound very strange indeed.

You would need to give our customer service team a quick call using an alternative phone to look further into your account settings.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Randum85 Investigator
Investigator

Ok as i just called the customerservice and they told me it was in hibernation because i havnt been using the sim card in a while and they have restored for me so hopefully it should be fine now

by
EE Employee

Brilliant @Randum85

I'm glad you have got to the bottom it 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.