by bapcolian Investigator
Investigator

I cannot make or receive calls in/from Macedonia

Hi all!

I am not able to receive or make calls in/from Macedonia. My contract is with EE pay monthly in the UK. Roaming is allowed as is premium calls and call abroad.

When I arrived I did NOT receive the obligatory text telling me the charges for roaming in a non-EU Country. Which was very strange.

T-Mobile is active here and is usually the network of choice for EE. However whenever I try automatically or manually to connect with or without 4G I get the error message:

"Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"

So, I tried their other network: VIP MKD with the same result.

I restarted the phone  - I also reset back to factory setting (annoyingly) and still have no service.

I think I have covered all the bases...! Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Investigator

Re: I cannot make or receive calls in/from Macedonia

I am using a Samsung S9+

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @bapcolian

Thanks for coming to the community.

Within your My EE account online, does Roaming show as ticked?

If this is all set up we will need to get this looked into.

When you are logged into your My EE account online an option for chat will show when an agent is available.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

Sorry to be contrary - but no option for chat arises - nor is there availability on the contact page. How can I phone from abroad when I cannot make or receive calls?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

On the contact us page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

When I go there, there is nothing to open the chat...see photo2019-02-07 (2).png

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bapcolian

The option will only show when an agent is available. 

Have you tried manually connecting to another network?

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, it's available where I suggested:Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.