by JordanLewis Investigator
Investigator

I can’t use my phone abroad because it is blocked how can I change this

I literally can’t call home and I am away for 11 months because EE have blocked it I need help 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I can’t use my phone abroad because it is blocked how can I change this

Hi @JordanLewis

Welcome to the community.

That doesn't sound great, I'll do my best to help.

Just a few questions:

How long have you been away for so far?

Has it ever worked abroad?

Whereabouts are you in the world?

Are you on EE pay monthly?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In what way is it blocked? Are you using an EE SIM in it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi mark

Yeah it is not good I have currently been away for three days I have told the shop i got it from that I was going away and I am away for eleven months and I need to be able to contact my family\friends I am in cyprus haha and I thought that all roaming charges in the eu were over now but it doesn’t seem the case

Please help me

Thanks

Jordan

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

But not for 11 months. To benefit from EE roaming plans you need to spend at least 60 days in UK in any 120 day period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yeah I have done that I was home for two months I just taken out this contract I should have been told that but wasn’t so I don’t understand why I should have been sold a contract I can’t benefit from?

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, 2 months in 4, but not 2 months in 13.

by
EE Employee

Hi @JordanLewis,

How long have you had the contract for?

Are you in southern or northern Cyprus?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.