by Adamcarroll92 Investigator
Investigator

I can't text while I am abroad but I can receive texts

I currently have a PAYG number with EE. I switched to this to go travelling and I currently cannot send texts while abroad? I can still receive texts. How can I resolve this without called 150 as they charge me to do this from the Philippines where I currently am.

9 REPLIES 9
Investigator

Re: I can't text while I am abroad but I can receive texts

Also I did speak to EE before I left to say about my plans and they assured me it was all set up and okay? Need this fixing ASAP. Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Adamcarroll92  You need credit on your account if your outside the EU to text you can only use your allowances when in the EU.  

If you do have credit on your account and your outside the EU or even if your in the EU are you putting 44  or +44 instead of the 0 at the start of the number? 

Investigator

Thanks for the response!

i do have credit on my account and I am just trying to send texts to contacts in my phone. I just double checked and tried to send a text making sure it's +44 but still no luck.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adamcarroll92

Welcome to the community.

Please try the troubleshooting steps below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know if any of that works.

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Adamcarroll92, I would also suggest trying 0044 instead of +44, as sometimes it does not work with +44.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Check your message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have checked and it is! Thanks

Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, none of these have worked. I also tried changing it 00 44 instead of +44 and no luck.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for trying, @Adamcarroll92

As none of the advice on here seems to have worked, I can only recommend contacting our customer service team on 150 or from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. 

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.