by Mydoanne Investigator
Investigator

I can't make texts or calls abroad

I'm currently in Amsterdam and I can't make ANY texts or calls to the UK even though their included in my plan and I received a text from EE saying I was able to use them. I can't even ring any of the EE customer services. I can use my data though. I contacted EE twitter and they gave me a link to the EE live chat however the live chat kept coming up with the error message 'currently our chat agents are not trained to handle this enquiry'? 

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Employee

Re: I can't make texts or calls abroad

Hi and welcome to the Community @Mydoanne

I appologise that you are having issues using our live chat service.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Which network are you connected to currently as my sister is in Amsterdam, as she is going to see an orchestra and she is using T-Mobile NL without any issues. 

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mydoanne Investigator
Investigator

My network automatically connected to the T-Mobile NL when I got here today! I have also restarted my phone twice and nothing has changed !! Is there any other network I can search for?? Or anything else I can do ? 

by Mydoanne Investigator
Investigator

@Lee1 My network automatically connected to the T-Mobile NL when I got here today! I have also restarted my phone twice and nothing has changed !! Is there any other network I can search for?? Or anything else I can do ? 

by
EE Employee

@Mydoanne

Please try texting ROAMING to 150 and let me know the response.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mydoanne Investigator
Investigator

@Lee_H message not delivered!! I tried this earlier as well and it didn't work then. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Mydoanne

This is very strange, it's a bit odd that your data is working, but calls and texts are not.

You will have to give us a call using an alternative phone.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Jessica_w1990 Investigator
Investigator

I am having the same issue!! Absolutely useless! Received the same useless help from EE staff on here! Same response to questiones asked, phone still not able to call international or send texts! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jessica_w1990,

Did you receive the private message @Lee_H sent you?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.