by nezard Investigator
Investigator

I can’t make calls to Andorra whilst in Andorra. EE can’t tell me why...

I needed my phone to call for rescue when my son broke his arm on a ski slope here in Andorra. My phone just goes beep, beep, beep and won’t connect. Not to that local number nor any other. It will phone the UK though. I tried every option with + and 00 etc etc but won’t work. A friends vodaphone will. I just spent 15 mins on 150 to try to solve but they couldn’t - but are happy to charge me £18 for that call! Anyone any experience with Andorra local calls? 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by nezard Investigator
Investigator

Why can’t I make a local call in Andorra? 150 can’t tell me

My phone just won’t make a local call (beep beep beep) and left me stranded with my son in a ski slope when he broke his arm. Anyone any ideas? EE 159 couldn’t help me but were happy to charge me £18 for the call. 

by nezard Investigator
Investigator

Why can’t I make a local call in Andorra? 150 can’t tell me

1. My phone just won’t make a local call (beep beep beep) and left me stranded with my son in a ski slope when he broke his arm. Anyone any ideas? EE 159 couldn’t help me but were happy to charge me £18 for the call. 
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can’t make calls to Andorra whilst in Andorra. EE can’t tell me why...

@nezard: Try texting UNBAR to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by nezard Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. Tried but there are no bars on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, but there may be a bar on Calling Abroad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nezard

I am sorry to hear this has happened during an emergency and I hope your son has a speedy recovery. 

Is this happening to one specific number in Andorra or multiple? 

Are you using the correct dialing code for Andorra which I believe to be +376?

What was advised when you spoke to our customer service team?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by nezard Investigator
Investigator

In the end it turned out that EE phones cannot call a local number in Andorra as the code is 00 376 and 00 37 is considered a premium rate number and is therefore barred. So an EE phone can’t make a local call in Andorra.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for coming back and confirming this @nezard

I am sure other users may find this helpful in the future,

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Won't it work with '+376'?

by nezard Investigator
Investigator

No

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nezard  Andorra has its own charges and is charged as a international call so international calls need to be enabled on your account.  Andorra is not part of the EU.  

please see here

And EEs EU roaming country’s that you can use your allowance in HERE

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.