by Whysub
Explorer

I bought a new phone in the UK and a top up voucher. Phone had no charge on

Bought a new phone and EE voucher in UK today. Phone was flat, so charged it when I got to Spain. But I cannot activate my voucher as 150 (and +44150) DO NOT WORK

How can I use my phone and make calls? Do I have to buy a Spanish SIM?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I bought a new phone in the UK and a top up voucher. Phone had no charge on

@Whysub   You have to activate the sim while in the UK this can not be done on a roaming network.  And the device will be locked to EE so no other  network sim will work in it until it’s been requested to unlock it. 

by Whysub
Explorer

Brilliant

So I've got to now buy a new phone? Or can I set up a payment for a top up via a credit card whilst in Spain?

If not, then thanks a bunch. And to the massive **bleep** in Dixons Stansted airport that sold me a dead phone knowing I was on anew immediate flight out of the uk.

If this is tge case then i won't EVER be using EE again having spent £159,00 on a phone and credit I won't ever use.
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Whysub,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Do you know if the store activated the SIM card for you before you left the shop?

If you didn't buy the phone directly from an EE store, then the phone may be unlocked. Are you with anyone else who could try their SIM card in your phone?

If you have access to another phone, you can call us on +44 (0) 7953 966 250. Our customer care team have account access and will be able to tell you if the account is active and take payment if you have a UK bank card.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.