by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

I bought a £10 everything pack but can't get mobile data. I live in Gibraltar.

Hi 

can anyone help? I am a pay as you go customer with EE. I recently bought a £10 everything pack which includes data (1GB I think) but even when I turn on mobile data on my phone I can't get any data. I live in Gibraltar (British territory overseas, part of the EU) so I'm confiused why it doesn't work. 

Thank you 

Diana 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: I bought a £10 everything pack but can't get mobile data. I live in Gibralta

Thank you for confirming. Something is definitely not right if the icon is missing next to your signal bars.

Tap settings>network selection and toggle automatic off, after a little while a list of networks should load underneath. Can you try selecting a different one to the one you are connected to now please?

16 REPLIES 16
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I bought a £10 everything pack but can't get mobile data. I live in Gibralta

Hello @Dianawa what phone do you have? Does it let you access this link:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

Information on what to do when having problems using your phone abroad:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Roaming-with-EE-What-to-do-if-you-re-having-problems-abroad/td...

by
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Dianawa

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

I can see @tm90 has offered you support already with this.

When you get a second to answer him, then we can potentially help you further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reply! 

i have an iPhone SE. Just tried to access link, following instructions to turn off wifi and put mobile data on. I waited a while but nothing. I couldn't access it. 

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Also I have checked my account and I have 16 days left with 1GB data. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is data roaming enabled in your mobile data settings? Do you have the GPRS/3G/4G icon at the top of your screen or just the signal bars?

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Yes it's enabled and only phone network bars showing. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Thank you for confirming. Something is definitely not right if the icon is missing next to your signal bars.

Tap settings>network selection and toggle automatic off, after a little while a list of networks should load underneath. Can you try selecting a different one to the one you are connected to now please?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How did you buy the pack? Was it by sending a text code to 150 or did you buy a whole PAYG SIM? EE SIMs need to be activated on EE's home network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Just tried that and changed from Gibtel (Local network in Gibraltar) to Movistar (Spanish network) on a weak signal but 4G came up and I was able to receive an email!! So how does that work? What is the issue with the Gibraltar mobile network?? 

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did it on 150. Bought the payg Sim in Uk before we moved out here. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It could be for a number of reasons. They may be experiencing issues with their network or systems which would have a knock on effect for users roaming on it too.

I am glad to hear you have managed to receive a working signal. This confirms there are no issues with your EE SIM card or device.

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help! 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to discuss.

🙂

by

Evening @Dianawa

Glad you got the help you needed on the community 🙂

Let us know if you need anything further.

by Dianawa Contributor
Contributor

Further to my email yesterday, I have been told that other EE customers have been complaining to Gibtel in Gibraltar that they too cannot use data roaming when on the Gibtel network. Gibtel says this has suddenly become the case in the last couple of weeks and the problem lies with EE! Do our conversations get referred to EE? Can they be made aware of the problem without me having to ring them in the UK? 

by

Hi @Dianawa

Thanks for posting again 🙂

I'd recommend calling us and reporting this into our technical team when you get a chance.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.