by Neilm-w
Explorer

I arrived in south east Spain on Saturday and have virtually no network coverage

The network coverage is either full, lasting for a few minutes only, or nil. The preferred network provider here is Movistar, one of the biggest in Spain, and I know has otherwise strong & comprehensive coverage in this area.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I arrived in south east Spain on Saturday and have virtually no network cove

@Neilm-w: Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I arrived in south east Spain on Saturday and have virtually no network cove

Hi, @Neilm-w,

I would follow the great advice given to you by @XRaySpeX,

Let us know how you get on! 😊

Regards

mAh8v

by Neilm-w
Explorer

Hi.

I have double checked & yes, both of those features are ticked & marked as allowed.

This is very frustrating; I am new to EE but, as I come out here regularly, I have never experienced anything like this with either Vodafone or O2.

Any further suggestions would be most welcome.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Neilm-w,

Sorry to hear that, but you could try giving CS, a call as they might be better to help with a diagnostic test!

Or i'll tag @Jon_K @Watkins07 to help assist you further

Regards

mAh8v

by Neilm-w
Explorer

Many thanks - not sure I can call CS (who are? & on what number?) without any network coverage anyway?

If @Jon_K@Watkins07 can help that would be brilliant. 

Many thanks in anticipation.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Neilm-w,

I'm just waiting for a member of the community support team to assist as I don't know the CS number at present!

This is because i'm new here!

Regards

mAh8v

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use the landlines nos. in my signature from another phone to call Customer Services (CS).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Neilm-w
Explorer

I called CS using my wife’s phone, which is on another network. So far so good!

Thanks.

N

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Neilm-w

you could also try the live chat feature for help if you have difficulty calling cs.  This may be an easier option for you. X

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Neilm-w,

That's great news, let's hope you have better luck with the CS team 😊👍

Regards

mAh8v

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Neilm-w.

Is Orange available for you to select while you're in Spain?

What phone are you using?

Hope to hear back from you soon, let us know how you get on with our Mobile Care team 🙂

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Neilm-w  You say you have a signal but it doesn’t last long.  So roaming is enabled on your account.  At best guess it’s the network there that might be causing this issue.   

Just to ask you have restarted your device since you got there ? 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.