by LawrenceKatsand Investigator
Investigator

I am unable to call to a UK number after I have travelled to switzerland. urgent

I have recently travelled to Switzerland. I am unable to make any calls to UK numbers.

The message that I get is that the line is restricted. 

How do I remove an international barring on my account URGENTLY.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am unable to call to a UK number after I have travelled to switzerland. ur

Can you use data?

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: I am unable to call to a UK number after I have travelled to switzerland. ur

Thank you very much for your advice.
I have logged in online and see that neither Roaming Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate are NOT ticked. I am also unable to tick them.

How could I do that given I have already travelled to Switzerland and left UK.

Kind Regards
Lawrence

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You will need to contact EE either by phone or Live Chat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LawrenceKatsand

I hope you're having a brilliant time in Switzerland so far.

Did you manage to get in contact with our Mobile Care team?

The easiest way to get onto live chat is by logging into your My EE account on a desktop/laptop browser.

A pop up window window will appear when an adviser is available.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Chris

Investigator

Dear Chris,
Thanks for your help - managed to use your advice and all sorted now.
Rgds
Lawrence

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant, @LawrenceKatsand

Enjoy the rest of your trip. 😄

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.