by Nuala
Explorer

I am unable to call or text Ireland on PAYG EE 15.00 pack. Set to roaming.

I live in Ireland but wish to move back to UK.  To facilitate me and Estate Agents while in the UK I bought a UK phone.  I am currently in the UK but want to be able to ring/text Irish mobiles when travelling back tomorrow but am unable to make calls or send texts.

My first pack was due to expire tomorrow and I purchased a new 15 euro pack online yesterday.  Have set the phone to roaming but can still not ring as am being told insufficient credit.  Help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Nuala
Explorer
Solution

Re: I am unable to call or text Ireland on PAYG EE 15.00 pack. Set to roaming.

Does this mean I have to purchase an add on pack in addition to the pack I purchased yesterday to ring Ireland.  As I am returning tomorrow hardly worth my while.  Is there a pack I should be purchasing each month that will just cover UK mainly and Ireland calls and texts?

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Nuala the minutes/texts/data allowances that are included in EE PAYG packs (excluding the £8 international pack) are for UK use only and cannot be used to either call abroad from the UK or use them while roaming in another country. Here is a link to the types of packs available on EE PAYG:

http://ee.co.uk/help/my-account/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-packs-how-they-work

Here is a link containing more information on calling abroad using EE PAYG:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/calling-abroad-from-the-uk

You will need the call abroad add on applied to your account by customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. You can check if this is applied by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>packs & add ons then selecting add ons near the bottom and expanding the call abroad tab. 🙂

by Nuala
Explorer
Solution

Does this mean I have to purchase an add on pack in addition to the pack I purchased yesterday to ring Ireland.  As I am returning tomorrow hardly worth my while.  Is there a pack I should be purchasing each month that will just cover UK mainly and Ireland calls and texts?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Nuala the 30day £8 everything pack costs £10 but also includes £2 calling credit to call abroad. Here is a link containing more information on the EE PAYG international SIM:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/international/pay-as-you-go-international-sim

You will need sufficient credit to cover the cost of the call abroad as well as any other active EE PAYG pack yes. The minutes included in the pack will cover calls to UK numbers and any extra credit you top up with will be used for calling abroad. i.e if you topped up £20 and bought a £15 pack that would leave £5 credit left to spend on calling abroad. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.