by Sammi2
Explorer

I am on holiday in Tenerife and have no network. I have not had this problem b4

I’ve used my phone in many EU countries but when I arrived last night in Tenerife I have no network coverage. I have all the correct settings on my phone. I have read that you need to text 150 to advise you are going abroad but as this is the first time I’ve encountered this problem I haven’t done so. I obviously now can’t send any text messages(apart from via WiFi but 150 is not). I am expecting a very important telephone call this Thursday. Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
by MelWright Investigator
Investigator

Re: I am on holiday in Tenerife and have no network. I have not had this proble

Are you able to call ee on another phone? I had the same problem when I went to France a few weeks ago, I used my mums phone to call ee and they sorted it in a few minutes

by Sammi2
Explorer

Hi

No this the only phone I have access to

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Sammi2.

Thanks for coming to the community.

I hope you're having a great time in Tenerife.

Have you checked your roaming settings within your My EE? you can do this by following these steps:

Log in to your My EE > Menu > Manage device > Ensure both Roaming and Calling abroad are active.

If this is already active, I would recommend a manual network selection. Please see below the steps on how to complete this:

• iPhone – Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please come back and let me know how you get on,

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.