by ejk1
Visitor

I am in Rome and have no service on my phone so cannot call or text.

Can anyone help.  I have no service on my mobile in Rome.  Before I left I text 150 and it said I was set up.  Is there something I have to turn on my phone?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am in Rome and have no service on my phone so cannot call or text.

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I am in Rome and have no service on my phone so cannot call or text.

Hi @ejk1

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time in Italy so far. 🙂

Please try the troubleshooting steps below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know if any of that works.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.