by clarabelea Investigator
Investigator

I am in Malaysia and have signed up for the travel data pack but its not working

I have turned my phone in and off, tried different networks etc but only able to access messages, email etc via WiFi but my phone is trying to connect so data usage is showing low data - what I don’t want is to be charge the daily rate when I am not actually getting to use it! 

Any advice? I have iPhone 7

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I am in Malaysia and have signed up for the travel data pack but its not wor

Hi @clarabelea

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a lovely time in Malaysia. 🙂

Just to put your mind at ease, if you're on an EE contract, you won't be charged per MB if you were to use the full allowance of data. You would be prompted to purchase another data add-on. 🙂

Is your problem that you are unable to use data because of signal strength? 

If so, please try the troubleshooting steps below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Investigator

Re: I am in Malaysia and have signed up for the travel data pack but its not wor

Hi Chris Thank you for your reply but that is my concern as I have text to purchase a data add on pack but it isn’t accessing anything although using small amounts trying to (deal is if I use it I get charged for each day I use it) but it isn’t losing anything - perhaps strength etc but how can I tell? It suggests good strength but that wheel of doom keeps spinning and nothing happens. I have tried all that you have suggested but still no joy plus it’s hard when you don’t have internet to try to sort it! Any other thoughts? Clare
by

Hi @clarabelea

Thanks for getting back to @Christopher_G

He's not in until a little later on, so I've picked this up to try and help.

Are you in an area where you have signal?

The wheel keeping spinning suggests you perhaps aren't.

Can you use calls and texts OK?

Richard

🙂

Investigator

It’s so hard to tell as I have only received texts when in WiFi but have had a voicemail which suggests it didn’t come through as a call - I have asked other people locally who seem to have good internet. I have tried all the suggested things ie manually connect to different service providers, turn of 4G etc - if I had known it was going to be this tricky I would have got a separate sim and phone but I believed that every time anywhere would work if I paid for roaming. 

Any advice on the the best way to proceed welcome

by

I've sent you a private message, @clarabelea.

Please take a look and get back to me.

I'll do my best to get you some help.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.