by ineseteacher Investigator
Investigator

I am in Latvia and not able to call the uk numbers

Hi I am in Latvia and cannot call teh UK numbers or the EE helpline. I am on a SIM only monthly contract and have inclusive EU calls and data, data is working, I am using 00447 to call out, but get a message from teh Latvian provider to say that the international calls are not allowed.

Just to add, I have tried switching the phone off and have tried nonnecting to other local networks, no luch, same message.

Help please. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am in Latvia and not able to call the uk numbers

Try logging into your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

@XRaySpeX Hi, I cannot log onto my ee either, have had this for weeks, error code 8450C Have tried the app and webside, no luck

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you will need to phone EE from another phone. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @ineseteacher

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

I am receiving txts, not had any calls. I am not able to borrow someone elses phone to call EE customer services, it will be a chargable phone, and it takes ages for any resolution on them. I have now had to pay for a local carrier sim card to be able to connect.

Why does EE not have a chat line where customers like me can get in touch and gain resolution to not being able to use the service I am paying for?! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @ineseteacher 

If you were able to log into your My EE account, you'd be able to access a live chat service from there.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.