by annieofthepiano
Explorer

I am in Italy on holiday. Why can’t I text an Italian number from my phone?

I am on holiday in Italy and am trying to get in touch with my friend who has an Italian number. Every time I try to send her a text message, it says that it fails to go through. I have an iPhone and roaming is enabled. Why won’t the text message send?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am in Italy on holiday. Why can’t I text an Italian number from my phone?

@annieofthepiano  Login to your account and enable international and premium rate numbers. 

by annieofthepiano
Explorer

I logged in and went to ‘Manage My Device’ but it doesnt give me that option. I am on a pay by month plan but have only been on the plan for a few weeks.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you are a new customer with EE, then that is why you are not able to manage your device and EE may require a deposit, which you would get back.

Have you logged into your account in your browser and waited for live chat window to come up

Check here for more help as to what to do:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-What-to-do-if-you-re-having-problems-abroad/td-p/66...

If you are using +44 try 0044 and then the number, obviously change the 44 to the number for Italy, see if that helps.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annieofthepiano

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having an amazing time in Italy. 🙂

I recommend getting in touch with customer services, they'll be able to help you get this set up.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.