by Cococruz Investigator
Investigator

I am abroad in Spain when I try and call it says calls are restricted

I am abroad in Spain when I try and call it’s saying there is a restriction how Can I take this off thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
by NellBoth Investigator
Investigator

Re: I am abroad in Spain when I try and call it says calls are restricted

Try to go on settings and then select network you will have to find the option to activate roaming,that should allow you to make calls

by Cococruz Investigator
Investigator

Thank you I have An iPhone but it doesn’t have a network button also I am on EE but my phone is saying orange at the top by the signal bars 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cococruz: You won't see 'EE' on your phone's display. EE doesn't operate in Spain. Instead you will be connected to 1 of EE's roaming partners there; in this case Orange ES.

Can you receive calls & texts?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cococruz Investigator
Investigator

Ok great but no can’t send or receive text at all as it’s saying there is a restriction but I got a text form 150 to say my phone isn’t set up to use abroad and to call them but it doesn’t let me call 150

by phil76012 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Cococruz if you don't have roaming set up you will not be able to use your phone  abroad. 

You can turn roaming on in your account on the EE website 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Cococruz

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Have you been able to get this working following the advice from @XRaySpeX?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.