by samdalton1990
Visitor

How to request a refund for roaming in Indonesia earthquake period?

Hi,

I've just got back from my holiday to Indonesia to find i have been charged for roaming in Indonesia despite receiving a text to say calls and data would not be charged. The period i was there spanned two billing periods, one i have already paid so would need a refund and the other will be due in several weeks time.

I'd also like to request a refund for getting data whislt waiting for my conencting flight to Indonesia from Kuala Lumpar - a different zone so you have said you will charge, but i needed to use data to sort alternate accommdation while on route. of the 900MB i paid £50 for, i only used 3MB before airport staff let us use Wi-Fi. It feels very unfair to be charged for this. 

I'd appreciate a quick response please.

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to request a refund for roaming in Indonesia earthquake period?

You'll need to phone EE to make your claim based on the promise made in the text you received.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @samdalton1990

Welcome to the community. I'm glad to hear you're home, I hope all is well.

Following the recent tragic events in Indonesia, we’re covering the roaming cost of any minutes, texts and data used from 5th August 2018 up to, and including, 15th August 2018 while you’re in Indonesia.

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have been charged for this period, it could just be that our systems are catching up.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you so that we can look into your full query further.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G

I thought EE was covering the roaming cost of any minutes, texts and data used from 5th August 2018 up to, and including, 19th August 2018 as detailed in a text message a customer received here.

Can you confirm, is it the 15th as you've mentioned on the Community or the 19th as mentioned in text messages customers have been receiving?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Inyourbox

You're absolutely right. 

The last update said that we're we’re covering the roaming cost of any minutes, texts and data used from 5th August 2018 up to, and including, 19th August 2018.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.