by Barracuda816 Investigator
Investigator

How to disable call barring from abroad

Hi. I have bought the EE max plan and told ee I was going to NewZealand but unfortunately I get a message dying my number has a call Barr on it. I can’t phone ee or even text 150. I can’t seem to get live chat either. Does any one know how I can get this sorted? 

Many thanks and kind regards, luke

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: How to disable call barring from abroad

Hi @Barracuda816 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Can you recieve calls/texts?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. 

Unfortunatly i have followed your instructions but I’m still getting a message saying due to our customers request international calling has been disabled (or words to that effect) I can’t call ee to get the barring taken off. 

Investigator

Sorry. Forgot to mention I can use data but can’t send texts 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Barracuda816

Thanks for coming back to us.

Our customer services team will be able to help remove the international bars.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.