by Rafalwal Investigator
Investigator

How to check if my roaming is on if I'm already abroad?

Hi, I landed in Poland more than 1 hour ago and my sim card still hasn't connected. I cannot make calls nor send sms. I only can use wifi. How can I check if my roaming is set up? And if not, how can I set it up now?

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How to check if my roaming is on if I'm already abroad?

Hi @Rafalwal you can check your roaming on or off via my EE app or web account.

Thanks 

by Rafalwal Investigator
Investigator

Hi Tahirmian,

Thx for your reply. I checked it and now I know that my roaming is not activated. How can I activate it now when I'm already abroad?

Regards,

Rafal

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, @Rafalwal open you're my EE app and in control turn your phone use abroad.

And restart your phone.

I hope that will be work.

Thanks

by Rafalwal Investigator
Investigator

Thx again,

Unfortunately I cannot turn it on because position 'use phone abroad' is faded in my controls. As well as 'make international & premium rate calls'. So I cannot switch them. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are your main account holder and bill payer?

It looks like you set yourself as a user in my EE app.

You and ask the main account holder to turn this for you.

Thanks 

by Rafalwal Investigator
Investigator

Thx for your reply but it seems my problem is that my roaming is not activated and I'm already abroad. So I cannot send this sms ROAMING to number 150 and I'm wondering how to activate my roaming some other way.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you can't change the roaming settings in your MyEE you'll just have to call EE to enable roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rafalwal Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I am the bill payer and I think that I am the main account holder. But maybe I created some additional account for my email address (as well as for this phone number?) today when I was trying to log in on the web. I don't understand fully the structure of this web service. 

So you think that maybe I can't change the setting "use phone abroad" because I'm trying to do this being logged in not as the main account holder?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Rafalwal , If you are not the main account holder, then no, you cannot change the settings.

If you have something like Skype or Viber, you can call EE customer service  to get this sorted or use another phone to ring them, if you cannot change the settings in your account as per the link I sent you.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you're with others who have a UK phone, borrow their phone to call EE?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.