by Grwol
Explorer

How to activate roaming

I'm currently abroad in Switzerland where I should be able to access my plan free of charge however texts will not send and it is not enabling me to activate roaming from my account and I need to be able to use my minutes and texts, anyone know how to help?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grwol
Explorer

EE account will not allow me to activate roaming

I am abroad and when I try to activate roaming in my account it says it is not possible to do so however I got a text saying texts and calls are included in my plan free of charge, desperately need it activated

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE account will not allow me to activate roaming

@Grwol   You can not activate it because you haven’t built up a good enough credit history with EE yet. Your tariff allowance to use abroad is only in the EU ( or 5 other destinations if you have one of the newer max plans ) you just might not be in the EU so by default it’s not enabled.  

You can however login to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to request roaming to be enabled on your account 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to activate roaming

@Grwol  Your tariff allowance that you can use abroad has nothing to do with roaming being enabled on your account by default, you might not even be in the EU.   You can login to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to request roaming to be enabled on your account.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How to activate roaming

Good Morning @Grwol.

Thanks for coming to the community.

If the live chat option does not show for you please give us a call from an alternative line to get this looked into.

We will be able to check the account for you.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.