by jim51 Investigator
Investigator

How much!!!!!!!!!

Going on a cruise in a couple of months to the Baltic/Scandinavia/Russia.

WiFi on the ship is expensive so thought I would look at my EE essential contract. There is a Maritime add on that gives 5MB of data for £36 per day. That works out at £7200 per GB, surely that connot be correct?

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How much!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's correct as it's a satellite based system so is very expensive.

Wait until you are on land or use the WiFi.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Very expensive!

That is exactly correct. For full charges see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/mariti... .

Best to stick to WiFi or see if you can pick up any shore-based EU networks when in range.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Seems to be correct.

But do you need your phone? When I go on holiday my phone is turned off the whole time. I go on holiday to escape everything.

Obviously I only take my phone in case of emergencies.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by jim51 Investigator
Investigator

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

But do you need your phone? When I go on holiday my phone is turned off the whole time. I go on holiday to escape everything.

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

emails/bank/photos back to kids. No general surfing. Not interested in spending precious port time in seeking free wifi. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@jim51 wrote:

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

emails/bank/photos back to kids. No general surfing. Not interested in spending precious port time in seeking free wifi. 

Wasn't trying sound rude. Sorry if it did. Just asking people have their reasons. 

How much is the on board Wi-Fi?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by jim51 Investigator
Investigator

@BrendonH wrote:

@jim51 wrote:

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

@BrendonH wrote:

Seems to be correct.

Wasn't trying sound rude. Sorry if it did. Just asking people have their reasons. 

How much is the on board Wi-Fi?

Didn't take it as rude.!

I am not interested in phone aspect, would prefer to use my IPad as it has larger screen for my very old eyes. The wifi package on the cruise is circa £250 for 14 days, which is why I was checking cost through EE.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

The reason why WiFi is expensive as well is because that will be using the same satellite connection based technology.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.