by arete Established Contributor
Established Contributor

How much roaming data is included in my 4G EE Max plan?

I will be travelling to Mexico in a couple of weeks and have recently upgraded to the iPhone X with a 4G EE Max Plan. I have unlimited mins, texts and 100gb data in the UK.

I want to be clear on whether or not the allowances will stay the same when I am Roaming?

Specifically will I be able to use unlimited minutes and 100gb of data when I am in Mexico? Is there any fair usage policy I should be aware of?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: How much roaming data is included in my 4G EE Max plan?

@arete, There is a limit of 15GB in any one month while roaming, you can check here the terms and conditions, just scroll down and you will find it:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/ee-pay-monthly-price-plans-august-2017.pdf

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

@arete, There is a limit of 15GB in any one month while roaming, you can check here the terms and conditions, just scroll down and you will find it:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/ee-pay-monthly-price-plans-august-2017.pdf

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @arete

@Schockwave is absolutely correct, the roaming limit is 15GB per month.

@Richard_C loves Mexico! He was voted Mr Mexico 2016 by his fellow holiday goers last year.

Have a fantastic time. 🙂

Chris

by billybob2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE are not honouring EU law for your contract. You should have at least 20GB, rising to around 27GB in 2018.  The EU Fair Usage Policy is calculated from the cost of the monthly plan.

The 15GB is simply wrong for the super expensive contracts that are now being sold to consumers. 

Please see my posts here on this forum.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@billybob2, Why, if you are not happy, do you not contact customer service and see what they have to say, you may be able to speak with someone, who deals with this?

You could always write to head office or use the complaints form, not sure you will get anywhere in the forum with this.

by billybob2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Schockwave wrote:

@billybob2, Why, if you are not happy, do you not contact customer service and see what they have to say, you may be able to speak with someone, who deals with this?

You could always write to head office or use the complaints form, not sure you will get anywhere in the forum with this.

So on an official EE forum that is staffed by EE staff that no one can bring this to their attention? You're saying no one has the slightest inclination to ask someone to read it?

Even on forums not operated by firms (as this one is) many have their own reps posting and helping consumers. To have to raise this myself, is quite silly. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Also as this post relates to roaming in Mexico which is outside the EU, any EU rules are completely irrelevant anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.