by RobbieDixon

How do you set up a Travel Data Pass if you are abroad in the USA with no data?

So I am on a 4GEE MAX plan and currently in the USA. My plan entitles me to use my data out here as if I was in the UK. I've just turned the data on and I have no connection. I was looked online and it seems I need to add a Travel Data Pass to my account by texting travel to 150. Problem is I have no connection and so cannot text the number. Is there some other alternative way to set up roaming abroad while out in the USA?

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How do you set up a Travel Data Pass if you are abroad in the USA with no da

Hi, 

When did you get that Max plan? 

If you upgrade or get Max plan after 10th May USA data and call roaming  include in your package plan. 

Did you activate roaming before travel? 

You can check this clicking here Manage your device

To make sure Roaming enabled on your account. 

Also manual network search and turning phone off and on few times help to contact with available network. 

Many Thanks 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do you set up a Travel Data Pass if you are abroad in the USA with no da

@RobbieDixon  Did you enable roaming on your account before leaving the UK ? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @RobbieDixon

If it's showing Roaming's not active in My EE, I can send you a link to our chat team if you're a personal EE customer.

If you're a business customer you would need to call customer services from another phone.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions