by Lyndongreenlees
Visitor

How do i add roaming whilst abroad and phone has no service

I've just arrived in the US and frustratingly my phone has no service. I'd like to add on the ability to have roaming and also make calls but can't seem to find anyway to do it. It says to text 150 which I can't because there's no service and I can't call customer services. I've also checked all my settings and have all the correct things turned on which ordinarily would enable me to still connect to a local network provider. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How do i add roaming whilst abroad and phone has no service

Hello @Lyndongreenlees sorry to hear you are unable to make or receive calls while abroad. If roaming has been enabled on your account (you can check by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device) try restarting your phone or trying a manual network search in the settings menu and selecting an alternative local provider if possible.

If you need to activate roaming on your account please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone (lines open 8am UK time) who can check this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do i add roaming whilst abroad and phone has no service

Good morning @Lyndongreenlees

Welcome to the community 🙂

Hope you are having a great time in the USA?

Just checking in with you to see if you managed to activate your Roaming?

if not, please see our Roaming with EE – Everything you need to know about using your phone abroad post.

Also here are the costings and information for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA should you need it.

Are you a pay monthly personal or a pay as you go EE customer?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.