by Sja1 Contributor
Contributor

How do I turn on roaming from abroad

I did not know I needed to turn on roaming before I left the uk, how do I activate it now as I have no signal to call or text

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: How do I turn on roaming from abroad

@Sja1 you will have to use airport, hotel or coffee shop Wi-Fi to make the changes in your My EE account. It's currently only doable in your browser My EE. Go to Device Settings in it. There are toggle switches to turn On and then to Save. Good luck. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Sja1

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you can try the steps @XRaySpeX has provided to activate roaming on your account, let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

@Sja1 you will have to use airport, hotel or coffee shop Wi-Fi to make the changes in your My EE account. It's currently only doable in your browser My EE. Go to Device Settings in it. There are toggle switches to turn On and then to Save. Good luck. 

by Sja1 Contributor
Contributor

I have tried this but still nothing. Any other suggestions?

by
EE Community Support Team

OK thanks, @Sja1

Could you try doing a manual network search please?:

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.