by emilysw

How do I start my roam further pass. I am roaming in Canada, I am payg.

I had this conversation on the EE live chat:

xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx: And how would I activate this?
Prakshay:

You're welcome, Sure I can activate it for you right away

xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx: I leave tomorrow
Emily Spearpoint Walsh: So would it be possible to do it from then?
Prakshay:

Sure, I can activate it for you as it takes 24 hours to get activated 🙂

xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx: Perfect
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx: Do I need to do anything?
Prakshay:

yes, I will quickly verify the account for you and help you with the Roam Further pass.

However now I am not able to use any of my texts or minutes or data. Help! 

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I start my roam further pass. I am roaming in Canada, I am payg.

You can't have the Roam Further Pass on PAYG. It's only Available to new and existing Consumer and Small Business Customers on a Pay Monthly Plan or selected 12 month SIM only phone plans. The EE agent was talking thro' his hat 😞 .

You will have to pay the rates set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada . So make sure you are well topped-up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.