by Kettyzhang
Explorer

How do I activate roaming when I am already abroad?

I forgot to activate roaming beforehand and now I am in Italy and have no network. Help please! Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How do I activate roaming when I am already abroad?

@Kettyzhang hi, log into your MyEE via a browser. Go into Menu, Manage your Device, click on Usage Controlls, and then scroll down. You will find a button to click Roaming to on. Do this. Then allow a few minutes for your phone to update. Turn phone off and on a gain. That should do it. Let me know if you succeed or don't. 

Do the above via WiFi. But do it on a browser, not via the MyEE app. Remember to press Save after you change Roaming to Allow. 

by Kettyzhang
Explorer

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I just tried that, but the Roaming button is “blocked” and I cannot activate it 😞 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you'll need to call EE to activate it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Kettyzhang I'm sorry to hear that. In that case I suggest direct contact with EE. If you log into your MyEE on a browser again you should be able to Live Chat from there with an EE employee. Or if you are able to call EE for free from someone else's phone...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

On the Get in Touch page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's available during EE UK opening hours, looking like:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kettyzhang

Welcome to the community.

Hope you're having a lovely time.

If you log into your My EE account online a chat option will show when an agent is available, who can help you 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.