by Urbangiraffe

How do I activate roaming text and call add-ons without data roaming costs?

Hi. I fly to Thailand today. I have texted roaming to 150. I intend to stay in airplane mode so I use only wifi for data as much as possible, and have purchased text and call add-ons.

Was told the add-ons will activate when I turn my phone on in Thailand. But presumably that means I need to turn off airplane mode for this to happen, and when I do that won't all my apps do updates, receive messages etc and thus incur data charges?

Also, will the texts and calls work in airplane mode? If not, how do I avoid incurring data charges from the same kind of data coming through automatically?

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: How do I activate roaming text and call add-ons without data roaming costs?

Hi @Urbangiraffe @in your phones settings you should be able to turn off data roaming and or mobile data this will stop anything downloading or up dating without you wanting it to 

You can then leave that switched off whilst your there and using your calls and texts 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I activate roaming text and call add-ons without data roaming costs?

Hi @Urbangiraffe 

Depending on which device you own you should be able to deactivate data in the quick settings. If you connect to WiFi this shouldn't be a problem.

Costs and add-ons for Thailand

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions