by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

How can I use data in Canada? Have the Max Plan from 21st May.

I have a Max Plan from the Uk from May 21st that I was told would work in Canada, but since coming to Canada I have recieved texts from EE saying I will be charged for data & roaming usage so haven’t used any of my data for 4 months- such a waste of money that i’m still paying monthly when i was told it would work in Canada. 

12 REPLIES 12
by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

How can I use data in Canada? Have the Max Plan from 21st May.

Read more
I have a Max Plan from the Uk from May 21st that I was told would work in Canada, but since coming to Canada I have recieved texts from EE saying I will be charged for data & roaming usage so haven’t used any of my data for 4 months- such a waste of money that i’m still paying monthly when i was told it would work in Canada. 
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I use data in Canada? Have the Max Plan from 21st May.

@Loz2: With a Max Plan you should be able to use your data in Canada up to a max of 15 GB / month.

You sure you have a Max Plan? Is it a SIM-Only contract or with a phone? How's it entitled in your bills?

When did you 1st receive these texts from EE? Have you been in Canada continuously since 21 May?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

That’s what I was told! I’ve been in Canada since June 30th & haven’t used my data since! Yeah it says in my bill & I got the phone after the 10th too. It was a phone contract, i’ve recieved these texts every time I turn off airplane mode & since coming to the country so I just keep airplane mode on & don’t use any data. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Loz2 wrote:

I’ve been in Canada since June 30th & haven’t used my data since!

But have you been able to make calls & texts? Were you charged for them?

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

I haven’t tried to make calls or texts, I just want to have data out here & it says that calls & texts are blocked. I’ve checked & it says Roaming is unlocked though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Loz2

So you took out the Max plan after the 21/5/18 and went to Canada 30/06/18? I think your issue will be the fact you have only had the plan for such a limited period before going abroad. EE roaming plans are not for prolonged periods abroad, so your problem will be EE stable link policy as per the T&C as you are still in Canada some 5 months later. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Loz2

Thanks for coming here,

What does your price plan show as in your My EE account? 

You can find this in your My EE > Plans & Add-ons.

Does this show a Max Plan?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: Yes, I too thought about the Stable Link policy, but did not think it came into effect, cuz:

1. OP has been warned by email that he will be charged for data roaming in Canada since he landed.
  2. EE T&Cs do not mention the Stable Link policy for the Rest of the World Roaming Zone; only for the Europe Roaming Zone.

@Loz2: How exactly does it name your plan in your bill?

by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I did, yeah I’ve been out here since as well, true but why doesn’t it work at all? Surely that’s going against what the plan says? 

by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

DA58EB8B-ADA1-4E24-907B-F47651CDA4B9.pngThis is what it says-

by Loz2 Contributor
Contributor

DD55D686-2E73-4B57-90BF-B3FD6C6DDEC7.png

By thjs- 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Loz2

You may need to activate roaming and international calls in your My EE account.

To do this can you log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and Call Abroad and Premium Rate.

If this is not showing as ticked, can you activate this within your My EE?

This can take up to 24 hours to update for you. 

You will also have an option to chat within your My EE account if the above doesn't work for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.