by LucieK Investigator
Investigator

How can I send/receive calls and texts abroad?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I send/receive calls and texts abroad?

Just like in UK. Where you going?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by LucieK Investigator
Investigator

I'm in Lanzarote right now and I can't do any of these things. I have spent considerable time now trying to work out how to do it. I can communicate via Wi-Fi but that's it. I am now assuming my phone is not set up for roaming (apparently if you are on pay as you go it happens automatically, but you need to set it up if you are on a contract). I can't call ee to set it up and I am not succeeding in working it out through the website.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by LucieK Investigator
Investigator

I didn't as with previous phones and arrangenents I have had it has always been automatic. 

I will try to borrow someone else's phone to call them. 

I have just registered with ee, but can't access My Devices because it keeps saying they've sent a link to verify my email address. Then they say:

"Please be sure to click on it soon, it's only valid for a short time.

If you don't receive the link after a few minutes or it doesn't work, try resending it."

So I have tried this several times, but I am not receiving their email.

by
EE Employee

Hi @LucieK and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by LucieK Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee, I had not waited long enough for the networks to appear before. All sorted now. Thanks for your help.

by
EE Employee

I'm glad you are now sorted @LucieK

Enjoy your trip 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.