Highlighted
by robertjacks Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, How I can top up by voucher a pay as you go Sim card from aboard ?

Hi there, How I can top up by voucher a pay as you go Sim card from aboard ?

26 REPLIES 26
by SoRo Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Hi there, How I can top up by voucher a pay as you go Sim card from aboard ?

There’s 3 methods!

1, log in to My EE and go to Menu > Top up.

2, call +44 7953 966 250 and top up using a credit or debit card.

3, call our overseas top up line on 360 from your EEphone.

This information was found here: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-and-international/using-your-device-abroad/how-do-i-top-up-ab...

hope i I helped you 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi there, How I can top up by voucher a pay as you go Sim card from aboard ?

Do you have the voucher? If so, text 150 with VO then a space and then the 16-digit voucher number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

No, you can't text 150 from abroad. You need to actually dial 360 to top-up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SoRo : I believe that you can text 150 from within the EU, if that's where the OP is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Hm, if you say so. From reading from other pages to make sure my research is accurate, you’ll find 360 along with my other methods should be accurate and safe to do so. 

So to answer this topic, there is a few methods you can choose. I’m not going to debate.

have a nice day on abroad!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SoRo : Yes, I know about 360 but the OP specifically asked about vouchers & that is what I'm addressing.

Investigator

Thank you to all for the info, I have texted 150 with VO and 16 digits and is not working, can someone help me please?

Established Contributor

My methods should work, try them. 

Investigator

I'm sorry Soro, but I have tried all 3 options and it doesn't work, the problem is that I cannot receive any txt's or phone calls on my number, I think is expired??  I see on the number the network from this country but I cannot receive any phone calls and txts?

Established Contributor

That is a bit strange considering the numbers are free text/call as it’s EE service. When you text for the VO, did the messages come through ?

Investigator

Yes is very strange, the messages with VO didn't come through, When I try to call or send a txt is dead everything,  but the network from this country appears on my phone.

Established Contributor

Give me a moment, calling a friend who is in abroad, I remember she told me she used ee voucher 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? Sounds like it may have gone into hibernation.

Established Contributor

Hello, 

So, try VO + 16 numbers to 150, and dialling 150 and going through the options.

My friend said:

The way I finally got my credit was to go through the options on 150 until I got to speak to a nice lady who agreed to credit my voucher manually. (After telling me again how to send the VO text!) She also promised not to charge me for the call!

So, perhaps try this?

if none work, then perhaps log in to EE, and top up via card.

Investigator

I have charged the number a few months ago and yes I think that the number is off, I cannot call or txt 150 as the number is off, also I cannot register online on My EE as I cannot receive the confirmation code to register. What should I do now to recover my number?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

Established Contributor

I would recommend to try to get in touch with EE, to find out the issue with the number thing, I just say, it’s a bit odd

Investigator

Will do that, do you know if they have a Live Chat team? And many thanks for your help.Kind Regards 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Live Chat is not available to PAYG.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions