by Sarah1989
Explorer

Hi all, I bought a data SIM to use in usa. It's not working. Please help me :)

Hi i bought a Data SIM which included minutes, texts and data from   simlocal shop in Heathrow airport. He assured me he set it up and that it will work in USA as it's international. It's not allowing any use at all. I have checked my balance and it shows 0 credit but my full allowances for data, texts and minutes. Please help me. My partner bought it too and has the same problem.

4 REPLIES 4
by Sarah1989
Explorer

Re: Hi all, I bought a data SIM to use in usa. It's not working. Please help me

Hi thank you for your response. When we bought the Sims that cost £35 We were told that it is international and it will allow us to text and call the UK from the USA.

Get Outlook for Android
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Are they pay as you go?  If so, they will not work in the US unless you purchase extra roaming data add-ons, which you will need credit to purchase.

It's only pay monthly EE Max plans which include roaming allowances for the USA (and 4 other none-EU countries).

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Sarah1989

Thanks for posting on the community.

As @Profile closed has advised on pay as you go, any texts, calls and data in the USA will be chargeable and you will need credit on your account.

The allowance you have is for the UK and 48 destinations across Europe this doesn’t include USA

Full charges can be found on our Roaming costs for USA Help page>

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The International SIM you bought is for making International calls & texts from the UK. It is sold at airports for overseas visitors to the UK to be able to call home. It is not for using in the US w/out having sufficient PAYG credit on it to pay for calls & texts at per-unit rates or buying a roaming add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.